Monday, May 3, 2010

Book Review: Jane Austen by Peter Leithart

I am not well read in Jane Austen books, so that may be the reason that I did not find this book interesting. The author was told stories not just of Jane but also of her family and friends. There were so many names I began to get confused, but also included in the back of the book is an appendix of the Austen's family, friends, and neighbors. This biography is not just a story of Jane Austen's life, but of how God and Christianity was entwined in her life. You learn of Jenny Austen's literary influences and the world she grew up in. I struggled to finish this book, but I did it! And while the book was well written, it is not one I will be keeping in my personal library, but I will pass it along so someone else can enjoy it! Jane Austen's work is still influencing literature and film 200 years later and I now know more about the woman behind the book.

I was provided a copy to review from Thomas Nelson Publishers. The opinions expressed are my own and I was not compensated in any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment