Sunday, February 28, 2010

Book Review: A Century Turns By William Bennett


I received this complementary book from publisher Thomas Nelson, to review and was not sure if I would enjoy it. Fiction is more my style! I was surpised by how much I wanted to continue reading once I started. Bennett recaps the last 20 years (1988-2008) of political and cultural history in America. He was personally involved in many of the events he records and adds stories as he remembers things. There is a definite conservative spin to his writing, but he is fair to all. I was a very young child when the events at the beginning of this books took place and was blissfully unaware of the turmoil. As the book progressed I was able to remember and identify with what was happening in the US. One thing I enjoyed was that Bennett told and connected events I did not know happened. This is a book I will be able to use to tell my children about the world during my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment