Thursday, May 21, 2009

Seeking God


Recently Andy and I have had an issue arise numerous times. Sometimes this means God is trying to teach me something!


Believers are called to obey God even if they are alone in that. In every relationship, regardless of whether the other participants are righteous and holy in their actions, I am to live and act as God has commanded. I am to follow God's will. I have to do what is right in the eyes of God.


I will not answer for what someone else has done.

I will answer for my attitude.

I will answer for my deeds.


This means that I have to seek God's will and God's wisdom in each matter. I cannot assume that what I think is right, I have to read and pray over God's Word, asking Him to give me wisdom to see His will. I need to strive for truth, not human truth, because we humans are foolish, but real TRUTH that can only come from God. I know that God is faithful and when I earnestly seek Him, I will find Him. Hebrews 4:16 says, "Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." WOW!


This is somethings that I want to teach Eli in small ways now, through everyday situations. I would love to know how you have taught your children to diligently seek God and be righteous no matter what the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment