Thursday, September 24, 2009

Status Update




Last night at church I helped with the youth group. I met in a small group with Sarah and 6 junior high and high school girls. The topic of discussion was prayer, which I always need reminding of!

As believers, we are told to pray continually in 1 Thessalonians 5. Sarah asked the girls what it meant or looked like to do this in their lives. I thought about it and decided that I needed to treat prayer like I treat facebook.

I stay home with the kiddos and have the computer up most of the day. I can check out facebook regularly. I will get on the the morning and update my status, then get breakfast ready. Later I will check out pictures and read new messages, then feed Carmody and switch laundry around. Then I will send some posts to friends followed by cleaning the bathroom and loading the dishwasher. I might play a game of Word Twist then read a book with Eli. As you can see I don't spend all my time on facebook, but I check it and update it continually, it is something I come back to.

My relationship with my Heavenly Father should be that way! I need to come talk to Him throughout the day! That communication ought to be part of my everyday life. Why isn't it? Do I not value prayer or truly believe it works? Perhaps my view of God is skewed. Whatever it is, I am wrong!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! I needed the reminder! I am alot like you with facebook.

    ReplyDelete