Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Book Review: The Flowering Cross


I was so excited to get this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers! We checked the mail on the way home last night and there it was! I read The Flowering Cross by Beth Ryan to Eli right before bed last night. The first thing I noticed at I removed the book from the box was that the cover was textured. I liked it! This book is hardcover with nice glossy pages.


The Flowering Cross tells the story of little Katie (about 5 years old) who teaches her grouchy neighbor, Papa Jack, about God's love! She wakes up in Easter morning and visits Jack to pick his flowers for the flowering of the cross at church. Her sweet spirit and excitement is something I want my children to emulate, so I had no problem reading the book to Eli again at naptime! One great thing about this book is the 'Faith Imprint' and accompanying verse found on many of the pages. These help parents discuss the important points in the book and character qualities displayed by the Katie and her family.


The book also includes instructions for making your own flowering cross which we have not done. I think it will be a great craft project that teaches too!
I was not reimbursed for my opinion, but was provided a complimentary copy of the book. I gave my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment