Here are some of the things I frequently find, the price I pay on average, and how I use them!
- bagged salad- $1 -lunch for me for the next 2-3 days or added to that evening's dinner
- yogurt- $.25 or less -snacks or breakfast for Andy or the kids. Yogurt is generally good for 7 days past the sell-by date. I usually get the bets deals on the multi-packs.
- milk- $1/gallon -I get organic or chocolate! Chocolate milk is a great snack or dessert, with white milk I usually bake a large batch of waffles or pancakes to freeze.
- refrigerated salsa- $1 -lunch for me, snack for Andy and I, or side dish for mexican
- whipping cream- $.50 -rich baking or alfredo sauce
- bread- $2 or less -add to dinner
- sub-style foot long sandwich- $3 -picnic lunch for the family!
- juice- $.50 -take to morning Bible study for snacks
- cookies, muffins, other desserts- $2 or less -snacks for groups like potlucks and Bible study.
Have you found any great markdown groceries? What do you use them for? Share your best tips!