Saturday, October 2, 2010

What to do with those crowns?

As I mentioned last week, I am doing Precepts Upon Precepts study of James and learning so much!  My 'nugget' this week?
CROWNS!

James 1:12 says when believers persevere under trial they will be approved and receive the crown of life that Jesus promised to those who love him.  Several other verses reference crowns that Christians can receive when the Lord comes back.
Believers receive an imperishable wreath when they run the race. (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
The crown of righteousness is laid up for all those who loved Christ's appearing. (2 Timothy 4:8)
Teachers will receive the crown of glory when the Chief Shepherd has appeared. (1 Peter 5:4)
The crown of exultation is for those who spread the good news. (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20)

The BEST part of what I learned came in Revelation 4:10-11!  Twenty-four elders are worshiping Jesus on His throne in Heaven and they throw their crowns, the ones they earned for being faithful, enduring trials, preaching and teaching God's word, at Jesus' feet!  The only right and proper and acceptable thing to do with those crowns is to give them back to the One who is worthy!

All I have ever had or will have comes from God and is because of God.  What is my reasonable act of worship?  the only thing that makes sense?  To give ALL I have to my Savior!  After all, it was His to begin with!

No comments:

Post a Comment