Thursday, March 5, 2009

At Girl's Night tonight we made our own pizzas, one of my favorite meals! For those girls who asked, here is my recipe for pizza crust. I modified Betty Crocker's. I do this using the manual setting on my bread machine, but have done it by hand as well.

Pizza Crust

1 C WARM water
3 T olive or vegetable oil
2 C all-purpose flour
1 C whole wheat flour (these can be changed according to your taste, just get three cups total)
1 T sugar
1 t salt
1 package (or 2 1/4 t) yeast

Put the ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed. Set machine to manual or dough cycle. Start. This makes 2 crusts. When it is done, roll out onto pizza sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350. Add toppings and bake for another 8-10 minutes or till cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.

The dough can be made ahead of time and frozen. Just pop in a ziploc and freeze. Take it out and put in the fridge the day before you want to use it. Then roll out and bake as directed.

I hope you enjoy this recipe, we do. Homemade pizza has become a weekly meal in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment