Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Potty Training


My son, Eli is 19 months old and we have gradually been working on potty training him. The goal (perhaps lofty) is to be mostly done with that before September, so we have just one in diapers. I think it is a little early to work on this, but Eli would always wake up dry in the morning! After 10 hours of sleep! I really don't know how he does it because it seems to be rare. I decided to take the opportunity to work with him.

Some days are good, some are not. He likes the potty most of the time, so we sit in the bathroom and sing a song or work on picture flashcard while he sits! He has never told me before going, but will let me know after, when he needs a diaper change. At this point it is me taking him consistently, but I have hopes that he will take the initiative soon!

One thing that makes this easier is pull-ups. My amazing mom is a good shopper and found several packages of size 4 Pampers training pants on clearance at Dillons over a year ago. She thought ahead and bought them from me. I think they were under $2 a package! These are nice because they go off and on without having to restick diaper tabs!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! Shiloh's finally starting to get it. I started when he was 18 months because he started telling me when he would go (or right after) but then I got put on bedrest and couldn't keep up with it. He's finally doing great, after trying like 6 different times. The thing I've found that works the best is just letting him run around naked at home - he won't pee when there's nothing to catch it. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have let Eli run around naked. He will pee on the floor. It makes him cry, but he doesn't know what to do. Maybe in a few months it will work... I am hopeful!

    ReplyDelete